Our Terms of Service have been written in order to protect our clients and ourselves to ensure we deliver a stable, reliable product and quality network. We ask that you read our policies so that you can assist us in keeping our servers and network free of abuse, which will ensure quality performance for everyone.
Because protecting your privacy is very important to Exabytes Digital, we operate our web site under the following guidelines to safeguard your personally identifiable information:
Exabytes Digital policies and procedures for handling customer information have been created with the understanding that Internet technologies are still evolving and that Internet business methods are continuing to evolve to meet the needs and opportunities of the changing technologies. As a result, Exabytes Digital policies and procedures are subject to change.
- What Personal Information does Exabytes Digital collect?
- Data Security
- How is customer information used?
- Modification of customer information
- Will Exabytes Digital ever send me direct mailings?
- How do I protect my Personal Information in public forums?
- What about privacy on sites that Exabytes Digital links to?
- Disclosure of customer information and communications
What Personal Information Does Exabytes Digital Collect?
Exabytes Digital will protect the confidentiality of its customers’ information, account information and personal communications to the fullest extent possible and consistent with the law and the legitimate interests of Exabytes Digital, its partners, its employees and other customers of Exabytes Digital services. To protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of information that is collected from customers, Exabytes Digital has appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place.
How Is Customer Information Used?
Exabytes Digital may share customer information with selected partners, for example, to provide customers with information about products which might be of interest to the customer or to enable the customer to take advantage of special partner programs. Exabytes Digital may also use customer information to provide its customers with system information or information about new or upgraded products.
Will Exabytes Digital Ever Send Me Direct Mailings?
From time to time, Exabytes Digital may send its customers information about various products and services that may be of interest. We will not send you information of this type without specifically allowing you to “opt out” of such mailings. You can opt out by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, however by doing so, you may miss important communication regarding your service.
In addition, if you are a Exabytes Digital reseller, Exabytes Digital and/or its partners and advertisers may from time to time send you newsletters, promotional material, and other mailings. You can opt out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Protect My Personal Information In Public Forums?
Exabytes Digital may offer interactive forums, such as message boards and chat. Exabytes Digital users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose Personal Information to other users or to third parties on the Exabytes Digital system, through e-mail, or outside of the Exabytes Digital system, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other members or third parties. While Exabytes Digital strives to protect your Personal Information, Exabytes Digital cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Exabytes Digital, and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
Disclosure Of Customer Information And Communications
Exabytes Digital will not otherwise disclose its customers’ personal and account information unless Exabytes Digital has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, make contact with, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing harm or interfering with the rights or property of Exabytes Digital, Exabytes Digital customers, or others, or where Exabytes Digital has a good faith belief that the law requires such disclosure.
Exabytes Digital also will not, except for reasons stated below, disclose to third parties the contents of any electronic mail or other electronic communications that Exabytes Digital stores or transmits for its customers. The circumstances under which Exabytes Digital will disclose such electronic customer communications are when:
- it is necessary in order to provide service to the customer;
- it is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Exabytes Digital and its customers;
- it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants, or other legal process that Exabytes Digital determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and
- it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by Exabytes Digital and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime.
- Exabytes Digital disclaims any intention to censor, edit or engage in ongoing review or surveillance of communications stored on or transmitted through its facilities by customers or others. Exabytes Digital will, however, review, delete or block access to communications that may harm Exabytes Digital, its customers or third parties. The grounds on which Exabytes Digital may take such action include, but are not limited to, actual or potential violations of Exabytes Digital policies.